8 opensource resources that WhatsApp app make use of
Posted on :
Tue, 8th Sep 15 01:03 pm (Updated on :
Tue, 8th Sep 15 01:03 pm) UTCAuthor : Code2care
WhatsApp is the most popular cross-platform mobile Messaging Application that lets user exchange messages without having to pay for SMS (make use of internet connection). Billions of messages are shared using this application worldwide everyday, if you are a developer planning to develop an Messaging Application you would like to know what Opensource resources does WhatsApp application uses,
- Erlang : It is a general purpose programming language used to build massively scalable real-time systems that requires high availability. This language was designed by Ericsson to support distributed systems.
- FreeBSD : It is an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops and embedded platforms. FreeBSD advanced networking, security and storage features have made it the first choice for many web developers.
- LightOpenId : It is a PHP 5 light weight library for easy openid authentication.
- lighttpd : It is an open-source web server optimised for high performance environments standards-compliant, it is both secure and flexible.
- PHP : The most popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development.
- yaws : It is a HTTP high perfomance 1.1 webserver particularly well suited for dynamic-content web applications.
Hashtags : #WhatsApp #OpenSource #PHP #yaws #lighttpd #LightOpenId #Erlang #FreeBSD #jqGrid
mission is to share varied knowledge in technical
and non-technical areas gathered during day-to-day learnings and development activities so that our visitors can leverage this portal to find solutions to their queries without
re-inventing the wheel. Technical posts include Learnings, Tutorials
, Video Tutorials, Code Snippets, Tips-n-tricks.
Follow us : Facebook
- Google +